LiFe'S a BuNcH oF LeMoNs,SqUeEzE 'eM wItH a SmilE

The bright side: Friendly and humanitarian Honest and loyal Original and inventive Independent The dark side: Intractable and contrary Perverse and unpredictable Unemotional and detached

Friday, November 23, 2007

PSLE

294

Not some inspiring number for 4D or TOTO

but

the hi-score for this year's PSLE.

A 12 year old from St. Hilda's pri sch (in gifted stream, what else?) achieved this kick-ass genius score taking over the new record high PSLE score since 1993 (293).

Goodness, just 6 marks shy of a full score!

AaaaaAAAaaaaaahhhhhh!

Incredible.

Yours truly only got 226 wor~

I still freaking rem my choices for my list of sec schools based on my prelims 246 (hah! I stil rem wor~)

1) Anderson Sec Sch
2) Cedar Girls School
3) Ahmad Ibrahim Sec Sch
4)AMK Sec Sch
5) Mayflower Sec Sch

I forgot if we had to make a choice of 5 or 6 schools but I do know for sure I (and many of my other classmates) were dying to get into Anderson sec sch. It was like the hot hot hot choice at that time (plus near my home also lah).

Sadly, the REAL psle results was much lower den my prelims -_-III

And poor me could not get into any of my sec sch choices (actually my score is acceptable at MFSS but coz the aggregate was pushed up (or maybe coz I list it as my last choice?), I could not squeeze in. :(

I was then (randomly?) posted to Guangyang sec sch (gyss) of some tv chinese drama fame/location ground starring chen hanwei (Fang lao shi). Located in Bishan, it was a convenient straight bus (say 15 mins?) journey (very packed in the morning coz ppl are taking the SAME bus to bishan mrt, RI/Catholic high school along the way).

It was a frightening experience coz I was the ONLY one in my class to be posted there. Whoa Lau, I was seriously considering switching schools lor. But then, I stayed on coz of the nice bunch of ppl I got to know in my class.

The 4 years flew by in a blink of an eye. In fact too fast coz I really enjoyed my sec sch life. In fact, it's the best compared to my academic journey I have undergone (so far) in the course of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home